|Found in||Infinity Blade II - v1.3|
The Iron Hunter, sometimes incorrectly referred to as Torren, is a character added to Infinity Blade II in the Skycages update. He can be found at the top of the Tower, in the center skycage. The player can release the Iron Hunter from his cell if Siris has the Infinity Blade equipped. He will then attack Siris, believing that he is affiliated with his captors.
When the Iron Hunter's health bar depletes by two thirds, he will yield, and the player can decide whether to finish or spare him. If spared, the Iron Hunter will return in the next Rebirth and gift Siris with Torren's Legacy, a weapon forged by his ancestor. If killed, the Iron Hunter will drop the Hunter Mail.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
<the Skycage is opened and the Iron Hunter comes out>
- Siris: I don't want to fight you - leave while you can.
- Iron Hunter: You and your kind shall never imprison me again!
- <engage battle>
<after decreasing the Iron Hunter's health to 1/3>
- Iron Hunter: Wait! Mercy, please!
- Siris: I gave you your chance to walk free.
- Iron Hunter: I... I thought you were one of them. I was wrong. Please - spare me!
- <tap on the Infinity Blade to execute the Iron Hunter>
- Siris: You will have no mercy from me.
- Iron Hunter: No, please...!
- <Iron Hunter is executed>
- <tap on the Iron Hunter's hand to spare him>
- Siris: Keep your life. Now leave this place and never return!
- Iron Hunter: Thank you noble warrior. May the fates be with you always. Perhaps we shall meet again.
- <Iron Hunter departs>
<receive gift from the Iron Hunter (next Rebirth, only if you spared him)>
- Iron Hunter: We meet again, noble warrior.
- Siris: I spared you once. Do not expect the same mercy a second time.
- Iron Hunter: I did not come to fight. I owe you my life, and have brought you this to repay the debt. This weapon was forged long ago by my ancestors, and passed down the line to someday be used against the Deathless. May it help you bring ruin to them all!
- <player receives Torren's Legacy>
Notes[edit | edit source]
If the player spares the Iron Hunter, the Sterner Stuff achievement is granted, with the description "Spare the Iron Hunter". This officially verifies the character's name.
Bugs and Glitches[edit | edit source]
- fixed in 1.31 - If you spare the Iron Hunter twice, the game will stall on the next rebirth and you will not be able to proceed. The only ways to fix this bug are to restart to Rebirth 1 or follow the instructions in this post.
- unconfirmed - In the 1.31 update, if you spare him a second time, he gives you Torren's Legacy and 1000-5000 gold. Torren's Legacy is automatically equipped, but it is still purchasable in the store. You are unable to equip gems, and if you unequip it, you lose the weapon.