Dual weapons are a class of dual-wielded weapons in Infinity Blade II. They attack quickly, but generally deal less damage than light and heavy weapons. Any light weapon combo can be used with dual weapons. However, a dual weapon can repeat the final strike of the combo in rapid succession, dealing a large amount of damage. The standard combo causes 200% damage (right, left, right or equivalent). The combo will then continue regardless of which direction you swing.
Dual weapons do not allow for the use of shields. Instead, the player must dodge or parry attacks. The number of times a player may dodge is decided by the equipped armor item. The dodge meter will slowly replenish when the player is not dodging. If the player attempts to dodge while the meter is empty, an "exhausted dodge" will occur, damaging the player. If the dodge itself also fails, an "exhausted failed dodge" occurs, dealing both exhaustion damage and enemy attack damage. Side-swiping attacks can be avoided by using the central dodge button (duck). Some attacks will be (almost and sometimes definitely) unavoidable using dual weaponry (e.g. monstrosity arm shockwaves, triple kick revolutions from Plated Guards and MX-Stealth titans).
Stabbing is also an entirely different process when using dual weapons. After a super attack or some titan breaks, an icon appears somewhere on the enemy's body. After it is tapped, another appears, and so forth. Each time one of these icons is tapped, the enemy is stabbed. These stabs deal little damage compared to light weapon stabs and heavy weapon slashes.
Ultra hits, which cause 300% damage, can be performed by doing a sequence of combo hits (not normal hits). Ultra hits end the combo chain. There are two sequences which lead to an ultra hit:
- Begin the combo sequence by striking in one direction, then the opposite, and then the original direction again. Next, strike in the direction opposite of that, and the original once more. Finally, strike in a direction not used previously in the same chain.
- Example (huge hits are bolded): left, right, left, right, left, up
- Begin the combo sequence by striking in one direction, then the opposite, and then the original direction again. Next, strike in the direction opposite of that, and then in a direction not used previously in the same chain. Next, hit in the direction opposite of that, and finally in a direction on the other axis.
- Example (huge hits are bolded): left, right, left, right, up, down, left
- Occasionally, multiple tap icons will appear on an enemy instead of just one at a time. These icons can be tapped in rapid succession for a large amount of stabs, dealing much more damage than usual.
- When the Fire element is used with dual weapons, the weapons give off a blue and red glow.
|Universal||Weapons · Helmets · Shields · Armor · Rings|
|Weapon classes (IB2)||Light weapons · Heavy weapons · Dual weapons|