Infinity Blade: Dungeons
- For the next expected Infinity Blade game, see Infinity Blade III.
Infinity Blade: Dungeons was a prequel to Infinity Blade I being developed by Impossible Studios in collaboration with Epic Games. Unveiled at GDC 2012 by Epic Games, It was to be released some time in 2013 exclusively for iOS devices, but development ceased and the game's production was put on hold indefinitely. Later, it was revealed in Epic Games podcast 17 that the game was officially canceled.
Infinity Blade: Dungeons was to be set several thousand years prior to the events in the classic Infinity Blade series. Players would assume the role of an apprentice weaponsmith who serves the "Master of the Forge", sent forth on a quest to collect materials and forge the Infinity Blade.
Information regarding which devices Dungeons can be played on was not revealed, but all demos and previews released so far have shown gameplay on an iPad. This has led some to believe that Infinity Blade: Dungeons would have been a tablet-only game.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Unlike the first two games, Infinity Blade: Dungeons would have abandoned the "on-rails" mechanics in favor of a dungeon-crawler system. Each level was to take several minutes to complete, leading to another level when finished. Dungeons would contain loot such as gold (presumably used to purchase items), crafting materials for weapon production, and armor items (used to fill head, necklace, shoulders, gloves, pants, boots, and chest slots).
The game was to be controlled by one of several control systems, such as via a joystick or by touching the screen to travel to the desired location. Combat would haave involved swiping and connecting lines between enemies to perform combo attacks. A dynamic camera was to follow the character allowing for zooming in and out along with different camera angles. Enemies like the Iron Golem were plotted to make a return, as seen in an official demo.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Freeman, Will. "GDC: Epic unveils Infinity Blade: Dungeons." develop. N.p., 07 Mar 2012. Web. 25 Jun 2012. <http://www.develop-online.net/news/40103/GDC-Epic-unveils-Infinity-Blade-Dungeons>.
- John, Paczkowski. N.p., n. d. Web. 20 Oct. 2012. <http://allthingsd.com/20121017/infinity-blade-sequel-wont-ship-until-next-year/?mod=atdtweet>.
- Dumitrescu, Andrei. N.p.. Web. 13 Feb 2013. <http://news.softpedia.com/news/Infinity-Blade-Dungeons-Canceled-Impoossible-Can-Form-New-Studio-328232.shtml>.
- Davis, Justin. "http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/17/forging-the-earth-shatterer-in-infinity-blade-dungeons." IGN. N.p., 17 May 2012. Web. 25 Jun 2012. <http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/17/forging-the-earth-shatterer-in-infinity-blade-dungeons>.